Sunday 7 February 2016

FNWF update ...

Was supposed to post this yesterday but was a tad excited about signing up for the new BOM lol Friday I joined ladies from across the globe for Friday Night's with Friends. i worked on my hexis and was about to quilt them then decided maybe to chain stitch around them


Have decide to ditch that idea as it looks, as a friend said 'a little weird' lol....so I decided to cut out the first month of Sarah Fielkes BOM. I'm not into bright fabric so I pulled out my trusty French general fabrics for this one...continued again last night as it was a boys free night here, so the little girls and I watched 'into the woods" for the hundredth time lol
I decided to hand stitch Sarah's quilt lol lets see how I go at keeping up!


8 comments:

  1. Pretty fabrics that you are using in your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice heroes, but I agree about the chain stitch. Just have to try these things sometimes. Your new block looks good, I wish I had stashed more FG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the FG blocks. Perhaps you could do a lazy daisy in the centre of the hexies after the stitch in the ditch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely block....you know I don't think the chain stitch looks too bad...maybe in a dark colour?

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely stitching... I have recently fallen in love with FG amongst other fabrics.... your blocks are going to look great... a few lovely BOM /sampler quilts around in blogland this year
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello fellow FNWF. The hexies look sweet. If you wanted to embroider, what about something in the centre of some of the plain fabrics? French General do some really wonderful fabrics. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like your blocks coming along nicely, such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete