Wednesday 4 January 2017

New Year...

Another year has past and it just goes sooo quick. We spent NYE on the harbour again and it was fabulous, noisy but fabulous !!!!  I am working hard on my Sarah Fielke BOM 2016...only a few more blocks and I can put this quilt top together. Sarah gave us three topics for the borders and of course I have chosen the one with the most work...sigh....but I am sure it will be gorgeous!!!


I've finished the large blocks and still have to appliqué the little leaves but I'm sure that won't take too long....


Tonight I'm doing needleturn appliqué on the second Hawaiian block in this quilt. I have loved this journey and can't wait till the end of the month when Sarah's  Down the Rabbit Hole 2017 BOM starts. I'm still deciding on my fabrics. I'd love to use French general but after three quilts my stash needs to be replenished...what a shame lol
Happy New Year to you and your families and I hope you all find time to stitch !!!
Deb xo


7 comments:

  1. Your blocks are beautiful. Really!!! You haven't topped up your stash - definately time for a shopping trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I have seen of the blocks they look wonderful ...... but you've spiked my interest as I must check out this Rabbit Hole you speak of........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your applique, so nice you have hand work on the go, I start and then get distracted by the instant results of machine piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Deb...
    Wishing you a very crafty 2017 too... xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a wonderful projects Debs... heaps of work in it...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. Have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year gorgeous girl,,, looking good 💖💖

    ReplyDelete