Saturday 4 February 2012

Wait a minute Mr Postman!

The Postman was quite kind this past week. I received the latest issue of Creating Country Threads and yay another 'frog cottage design' has been published.  One of my prim dolls Miss Rosie is featured on page 42.

I also received my first block,'Civil War Journals' from the fat quarter shop. Am loving the darker colours of this quilt. Its a huge quilt, but lucky Khris and I are doing this one together. Nothing like sharing the passion!


 I also received block 3 of "Love Letters" as well. The colours in this quilt said "BUY ME". This was an easy purchase as it only runs for six months ( justification lol). I love BOMs from the FQS as you always have enough material left over to make another quilt. Our lounge room is cherry red so this quilt will look nicely hanging over the lounge next winter!


See I am realistic...I have to finish a few projects before I can even look at starting these two quilts. I might allocate a sewing day to cutting all the blocks out, that way when I do make a start on them, it wont take as long to complete.

On a productive note, I am 70% complete on block 3 of my choo choo train quilt. So hopefully I can get the applique completed by tomorrow night leaving me a few days next week to patch/piece it all together for the Friday deadline...
Wish me luck, have a great weekend
Deb :)




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being in CT. It must be very exciting and rewarding to have your own pattern published. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and good luck seem in order! Love the "this and That" patterns too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Deb,what fun having your projects published and Miss Rosie is so cute.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Miss Rosie, she is very gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete