Saturday 16 March 2013

Nine patches........tick

Another month has gone but I have am more prepared this time in my sewing commitments. My March nine patches are completed yay! I love the red n cream patches yummm....

 
I wanted to show you a tool I use to speed my rotary cutting. Its A June Tailor ruler, I bought it years ago from the states and use it all the time, especially when cutting jelly rolls. You line up multiple strips and cut every 2.5" . The cutting slots are 1" apart...easy peasy...

 
I have already sewn the strips together here, and about to cut them into 2.5" strips. Im really enjoying this swap ( Traditional Nine Patch)...the squares take no time at all to make...a winner for me lol



 

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous choice Deb. you could easily make a whole beautiful quilt out of that combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely fabric Deb and what an awesome ruler,enjoy your weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea with the ruler and love the red and cream combination for your patches :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely combnation of colours and a very clever ruler...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combination and Love that ruler. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Tools... gotta LoVe 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your blocks, looks fabulous

    love the ruler

    ReplyDelete
  8. The red and cream look great...I have pink and cream to do this month...love that ruler too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is ruler is a great little invention. Blocks look great. This looks like a really fun swap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever ruler and can't wait to see what you girls finally make with your nine patches :)

    ReplyDelete