Tuesday 12 May 2015

A nice day to sew

Today I had a sewing day with a girlfriend and worked on my QAYG pirate quilt/s. Another busy day, don't know if I will make another QAYG quilt. I'm sure I could have made 10 quilts in the time it's taking me to make these two. I worked out I have spent a minimum of 30 hours on them. There has been a lot of colourful adjectives used to describe the quilts lately lol.....I almost finished the borders on one of the quilts today and I must say, I'm beginning to like the quilt, but not the process. 

                                              

Since starting these quilts, I have found additional processes/tutorials which would have made the process better, isn't that always the way...sigh.....

                                       

Hopefully only one or two sewing days to go and they will be finished...yay!!!! No hand sewing of late as  I'm madly crocheting my ripple quilt each night...Need to finalise some swap items for posting this week...ohhhh exciting.... Don't you just love swaps??????

8 comments:

  1. I do love swaps, hope you get the time to work on yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done QAYG but I will ask you for pointers if I decide to try! Good luck finishing your swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Deb....Looks like you are on the home stretch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the quilts will be worth it when they are finished. They look good from what i can see. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure it will be worth it Deb... almost there! xox
    Yes swaps are FuN !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Deb you are doing so well,nearly there,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. the quilt is going to be lovely... all that sashing is hard though...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel your pain Deb. I made one QAYG, never again. Like you, the instructions were not helpful enough. Glad you're liking the end result.

    ReplyDelete